1.16.2012

the perfect pajamas

I have a vision of what the perfect pajamas look like. It comes from the summer after I graduated college, when I was in California doing an acting internship with a Shakespeare company. My friend Kendra spent many of our evenings in a pair of pajamas she had appropriated from some man or other she'd dated in Flagstaff the year before.

They were green and just baggy enough; she looked feminine but comfortable in them. She'd wear the top open with a cami underneath. In my head they're a light flannel - warm but not bulky - though in reality they might just have been cotton.

I have been looking for a nice pair of pjs, lately. Our house is cold enough that a shirt and lounge pants doesn't quite cover it, and I'd like something a bit more put together looking than just wearing a robe around constantly (I tend to change out of my dressier work clothes as soon as I'm home for the night). Alas, I can't find anything worth getting; the pattern is gaudy, they're cheaply made, they're incredibly bulky or too thin, or they're cut for someone who's 5'3".

Perhaps the solution is to buy Colin a set of pjs for Valentine's and then steal them.

2 comments:

  1. They were cotton. And they were perfect. The tryst that provided them was fleeting, but my relationship with those pajamas was a long and beautiful thing that spanned well into my New York move. Oh how I miss you, my lovely friend! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decided that the perfect pajamas do in fact belong to the boyfriend. they're actually long enough and way more comfy than any of mine! I can't find lady pjs that don't shrink into flood pants the first time I wash them.

    I really wish I was down with sleeping in the cute nighties one can buy, but alas, I hate sleeping with my bare thighs touching. boooo

    ReplyDelete

Leaving comments is good karma.