12.18.2011

things I like this week, vol. 20

There's something about this time of year I really enjoy. The weather was perfect today; not too cold, but crisp and damp, and the clouds were thick jagged strips of cotton that partially obscured the mountains. We ate a egg and bacon croissant with fruit in a small bakery near our house; I've put up most of the Christmas decorations, with pine branches spread over the wood mantle, silver stars speckling the green, and white lights on our tree.

I have sipping chocolate and wine, and we had a rich dinner, and friends are over and we're writing with the rain dribbling down outside. And even though I still have inches left of papers to grade, I can feel the end drawing near, and it comforts me.

. . .

I love the drama of platinum hair. And her attitude about organic vs. big guns - I'm sort of similar. I'll do what's healthy/organic/responsible only up to a point. Although I'm almost contemplating following a gluten free diet for awhile and seeing what happens.

. . .

Give it your best. All anyone can ever ask for, and a perfect book inscription.

. . .

Unhate.

. . .


It's a shame that I only found out about McQueen after he died. His aesthetic is one that I adore.
. . .



Totally unconcerned.


. . .


I am in love with macabre jewelry, although I still really just want Keith Richard's skull ring.

. . .



It's a great concept, but this is the only photo whose composition I enjoyed.

. . .

Love the atmosphere of this print, and of several of his others.

. . .

NG's picture of the day.

. . .


My current favorite off her new album.

. . .

Red baubles in white snow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving comments is good karma.