7.24.2012

things I like this week, vol. 33


It's called "Fireflies on the Water," by Yayoi Kusama. If you look carefully you can see the platform leading from the door of the room so that you can stand in the middle of it.

. . . 

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
 - Anaïs Nin

. . .

I love you, Daddy.

. . .



You have to cut the grass by hand to maintain it, but you can plant anything you want in it - even flowers.

. . .


Love.

. . .



"Let us go then, you and I,
when the evening is spread out against the sky . . ."

. . .

A list of fifty awful lines from literary sex scenes. They're mostly hilarious, though I question the inclusion of Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls.

. . . 

Shakespeare's grammar does awesome things to your brain. Also, it makes me really happy that the accompanying jpg references Hamlet: "O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams . . . "

. . .


McCurry the Master and the Yugoslavian Ballet.

. . .


This piercer, J Colby Smith, works at a shop called New York Adorned. Some of the jewelry he makes himself. I love his aesthetic - if I ever make it out there, I'll get something from him.




I usually list septum piercings as my least favorite by far, but these are so pretty and delicate that I'd be almost tempted to get one.

. . .




A fascinating blend of smoulderingly sexy and absurd.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving comments is good karma.