4.04.2012

things I like this week, vol. 27



. . .

Tell the truth through whichever veil comes to hand – but tell it. Resign yourself to the lifelong sadness that comes from never ­being satisfied.


. . .

I wish I could give you an infallible rule for success in writing. I know but one. If you feel the urge, write and keep on writing. There is no short cut.


. . .



. . .

You should also resolve to expose your children to all sorts of opinions and information, in order that they will be better equipped to make decisions and to survive.


. . .

Her last photo shoot. She crossed out the negatives of the photos she didn't like. An odd sort of memento mori.

. . .

unless it comes out of
your soul like a rocket,
unless being still would
drive you to madness or
suicide or murder,
don't do it.


. . .

I understood that passion and art could be more important than money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving comments is good karma.