Was going back through an old blog of mine to find an entry I made about a Damien Rice concert I went to. Found lots of other amusing things instead, including this:
Oct 17, 2007 - 10:12 PM jonas
I am starting, slowly, to fall for a friend of mine (or just slowly noticing that I'm falling?) who is entirely wrong for me.
Here are the things that are entirely wrong about falling for him:
- He doesn't generally like children, and doesn't really want any of his own.
- He doesn't ever plan on marriage.
- He lives two hours away at the moment, and soon will probably be living 5 hours away.
- He doesn't eat fish. (Sushi is pretty much my favorite food.)
Here are the things that are making me fall for him anyway:
- His mind works, creatively, on a level that I connect to. And am in awe of.
- His intelligence is considerable.
- He understands and sees more of me than almost anyone else.
- The sexual tension between us is almost literally palpable.
There's nothing to be done about it, though. Most likely it will resolve itself into a regrettable nothing-to-speak-of.
Currently Playing: sounds like jonah, of the whale
All still true (except living five hours away, obvi), and yet here we are, very much together nearly three and a half years later.
Wrong never felt so right*.
*and other applicable Valentine's clichés