1.21.2013

things I like this week, vol. 39



I have it on good authority that this performance is entirely improv - that these dancers never choreograph a performance (unlike most professional dancers).

. . .


It's the entire text of The Great Gastby on a 20x30 poster.

. . .



My friend Bree, photographed for an article on the local brewery Borderlands. Her fiance is the brewer. Their beer (and I don't like beer) is awesome.

. . .


Angelina Jolie in an interview for Vanity Fair in 2010, talking about her kids becoming teenagers:

“I had some great advice: ‘You’ll know they’re teenagers when they close the door.’ And when they start closing the door, don’t talk to them, listen. Because there’s nothing you could say. You’re not going to be able to tell them you know better. You’re not going to be able to correct them. . . . You have to raise them right before that. Then you need to listen for a good five years, just keep your mouth closed. Just be their friend—don’t try to always tell them they’re wrong.”

. . .



 I would like to spend my entire summer like this - swimsuit, nailpolish, turban, everything. From a blogpost about American designer Claire McCardell.

. . .

There's part of me that read this article and the accompanying NPR interview and wanted to become a street musician.

. . . 



Although pianos are hard to transport and I could never be as fast-fingered as this guy.


. . .




Casey Legler, who is a woman working entirely as a male model. So awesome.

. . . 



Simple and elegant roses from a Slim Paley post . . .

 

. . . which inspired me to get these the following morning . . . 

 

. . . which looked about the way Sauvignon Republic's 2012 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc tasted, which is to say, like grapefruit and sunrise. I highly recommend it with your next brunch - it's $8 at Trader Joe's. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving comments is good karma.