12.28.2012

Christmas is here (and gone) again

I meant to make this post Christmas day - and I meant to take pictures with a camera better than my iPhone - but neither happened, and I'm posting them anyway. I always love seeing other people's holiday traditions, and I am naively assuming you do, too.


The tree, complete with presents.



Always a real tree.



A relic from the 70's - my parents had the album on cassette and it defined the holidays for me as a child.



Rather spring-timey for Christmas Eve dinner, but I enjoyed it anyway - this is the first time I've actually used my grandmother's china, despite being in possession of it for several years. It was my first year making the traditional French-Canadian tourtière,too, but I didn't take any pictures of that, for though it was delicious, the top crust broke.



Eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, chocolate croissant, coffee that soon had Bailey's and peppermint schnapps in it, and a mimosa. Heaven.



The cat in Christmas-cheer mode.


And the final Christmas tradition: White Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving comments is good karma.